Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Lordy, Lordy..it's been a while JUNE UPDATE

Time flies when you are having fun.

Really, I have been hiking, backpacking and all the good things in life. :)

JUNE

Trailwork at the Devil's Head Project for Vounteers for Outdoor Colorado (6/2-6/3)
A wonderful weekend of building steps and rock walls, pounding rebar and drinking beer.

Twin Sisters (6/9)
A great shoulder season hike with the typical views toward Longs, the Divide and the Mummy Range.


Another VOC project on 6/16
A youth project. I'm not that youthful, but two of my friends were crew leads. Besides, there was pizza and ice cream at the end of the day! Rootbeer floats made with Ben and Jerry's ice cream rocks!

Lollygagging in the Lumpies 6/17
The Lumpy Ridge is another early season hike in Rocky Mountain National Park. A nice loop with good views, a great lake to chill at the end of the day and a requisite visit to Oskar Blues at the end of the hike.

Beginners Backpacking Trip 6/23 - 6/24
A trip I organize to the Lost Creek Wilderness. A great introductory trip for people new to Colorado and/or the outdoors. Good scenery, nice camp fire, wine, great music, awesome people.
Life ain't bad at all. :) The LCW is a hidden gem in my opinion. Close to Denver...yet hardly used. Plenty of options for early and late season backpacking. Really, check it out some time.



Colorado Trail and Frozen Lake (6/3o)
Well, OK, the CT was not exactly a hike. I dropped off my good friend Disco
and his buddy Dave for the start of their Colorado Trail trek. The start of the Colorado Trail is so beautiful, exotic and wonderful!



After dropping them off, I hurried up to meet my friends for an off-trail jaunt to aptly named Frozen Lake in Rocky Mountain National Park.


On the negative side, Jess and I broke up in late June/ early July. In the immortal words of some anon. sage: "Whatchyagonnado?" If I wrote this when it happened, I could have waxed poetic about relationships ending and the meaning of it all. Since it is about 2 mos since it happened, I saved everyone that aggravation. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home