Sunday, March 18, 2007

Spring is in the air!

I LOVE this time of the year.

The weather is warming, day light savings gives us an artificial boost of evening light and I can do a hike or trail run after work.

Now that I am again a "weekend warrior" (and skiing 3-4 days a week is no longer an option!), I have been back to trail running/power hiking after work.

What a way to get an endorphin rush!

Pack my duffel, change at work, drive to the trail head and get the heart going for 4-5 miles of some early evening exercise.

I'd rather not run on roads. Roads do not have wildflowers blooming. Roads do not have streams that parallel or cross the trail. Roads do not have have people out and about enjoying the warm weather and daylight.

I may not be able to play out side for hours at a time on a regular basis; but I can do my best to enjoy the short jaunts that my town offers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home