Friday, February 09, 2007

Feb 4th, 2007 - Sand Beach Lake

I've been a slacker with my camera on the past few trips.

I forgot my camera twice!

Taking pictures is one of my favorite ways of sharing the outdoors. To not bring my camera is just not good!

The skiing with D-low and Terry to places with those magical Colorado winter qualities (sunshine, blue skies, fresh powder) has been wonderful. You'll just have to take my word for it. :)

Terry posing in front of the divide. What's not to like about Colorado winters ?!?!?


I also organized my first outdoor trip in a while for the outdoor group which I am active with. Finding a permanent job (as opposed to the odd job here or there I pick up) has been taking up my time. But not so much time that I can't ski. :-)

In any case, the trip I organized recently was to Sand Beach Lake in the Wild Basin Area of Rocky Mountain National Park. As the name suggests, a natural beach by the shores of a lake. The trail is a little less than 9 miles R/T with 2000' elev gain.

Seems easy on paper. Except, most of the elev gain came in the last mile (or so it seemed!), with unbroken trail in deep powder. Needless to say, all of us who made it to the lake were well rewarded for our endeavor. The sight at Sand Beach Lake is always one to delight: The Lake. The warm sun. The range of mountains all around you.

Have some hot tea and some brownies...and what's not to like?



I've said it before, I've said it again: LIFE IS GOOD!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home