Thursday, December 21, 2006

Dec 16th - Going to Kathmandu....

Often times I will plan on my weekend adventures around the food available after a trip.

Since moving to the Boulder area, I've developed an appreciation for Indian and Nepalese food. And since moving to Boulder, I've also grown to love cross country skiing. How to combine these two loves? Why going to the Kathmandu Restaurant in Nederland (or just plain "Ned").

After a day of playing in the powder, what can be better than hot chai, fresh naan and a platter of momos? Conveiently located just down the road from many of the popular trailheads and just up the road from Boulder, Kathmandu has become my favorite post-ski destination. Food at 8300 feet!

D-low, Ann and I went to the Peaceful Valley trailhead. Though the snow was a little low, we did find enough powder along the rolling terrain. A great ~9 mile jaunt...with some awesome food afterwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home