Thursday, December 21, 2006

Dec 21st - A Boulder Ski Tour

Almost three feet of snow fell in Boulder Wednesday night into Thursday morning.

The main highway between Boulder and Denver was shut down. The National Guard was dispatched to pick up stranded motorists. Many area businesses were closed. Flights were canceled at DIA. And I caught the last bus before the local bus service was canceled.

Where I am working for a bit is still open though. It really is not a problem. The office was quiet, and I am getting paid to do what I would do at home normally. (Such as posting my photos and editing this journal! :D). Why not get paid to surf?

But how to get to work? The buses are shut down today. My truck is still sitting in Rhode Island and probably won't be here for at least another week or so. Well, conveniently located next to my house are a marvelous collection of bike paths! These paths connect all over Boulder and one path conveniently goes right by the Indra's Net office.

What better way to travel on a snowy day then skiing on bike paths? Was awesome!

The dirt bike path next to my house was full of much powder. Made for some slow going breaking trail. Luckily, Boulder plows the paved bike paths (I kid you not!). There was just enough powder on the bike paths to ski to work. Was able to get in a 1.5 hour ski. The path near my house was quite nice. Overhanging cotton woods, covered with snow. Ice in the creek. One of my better morning commutes by far.

Of course the ONE time I fell on my way to work this morning? Skiing up the ramp into the parking lot. The ramp that my co-workers can see from the window in the office. :) Matt stuck his head out the window and said "Morning Mags!" as I was getting back up.

So, now I am looking out at the same ramp. The bike paths were plowed again down to pavement. The snow has stopped falling. No ski back home! Oh well..hope the buses are running later! :)

ALL THE PHOTOS
View from the Cottonwood Bike Path

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home