Friday, August 01, 2008

Ten Years Ago today...

Ten years ago today, I reached the summit of Katahdin after five months on the Appalachian Trail.

Ten years later, the experiences and effects from my time on the trail are very much part of my life. A desire for simplicity. A desire for living life that makes me content. A desire to have all aspects of my life be as fulfilling as the walk I took ten years ago. A high goal to strive for; but a gold worth working at.

Thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail was also what gave me the chutzpah to pack up my belongings and start a new life in Colorado. If I had stayed in Rhode Island, I doubt my life would be as satisfying and enjoyable as it is now.

Taking that first step from Springer Mountain and following the white blazes led not only to Katahdin, but also to my current life.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home